13 July 1998
1. Opening of the Conference.
2. Election of the President.
3. Adoption of the rules of procedure.
4. Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters.
5. Election of officers other than the President.
6. Organization of work of the Conference.
7. Credentials of representatives to the Conference:(a) Appointment of the members of the Credentials Committee;
(b) Report of the Credentials Committee.
8. Outcome of the World Youth Forum of the United Nations System.
9. General exchange of views on the implementation of the World Programme of Action for Youth to the Year 2000 and Beyond:
(a) National youth policies of an intersectoral nature;
(b) Relevance of the three themes of International Youth Year: Participation, Development, Peace;
(c) Social development and major priority issues for action: education, employment, health, drug abuse and others.
10. Report of the Main Committee.
11. Adoption of the Lisbon Declaration on Youth Policies and Programmes.
12. Adoption of the report of the Conference.
* * * * *
| Background Info | Info for Participants | Info for Media |
Daily Programme | Speeches/Statements |
| Press Releases | Documents | Photo Gallery | Audio Coverage |
| Main Page | UN Website | Feedback |