Gender equality vital for world to fulfill potential, Ban tells thousands at women's march in New York
8 March 2015 - Thousands of people gathered today in New York to march from United Nations headquarters to Times Square in commemoration of International Women's Day and to demand greater efforts by Governments to achieve gender equality worldwide.
8 March 2015 - To mark International Women's Day today, senior United Nations officials highlighted the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, a historic roadmap signed by 189 governments 20 years ago that set the agenda for realizing women's rights.
6 March 2015 - Ahead of International Women’s Day, United Nations food relief agencies gathered to remind the world that women farmers play a central role in achieving food and nutrition security, urging countries to step up efforts to empower rural women who too often do Â“backbreaking workÂ” to harvest food.
6 March 2015 - Despite great strides in the advancement of gender parity, women still lag behind men across an array of critical areas, from political representation and wage equality to education Â– a gender gap that the United Nations is once again tackling head-on as it kicks off its annual observance of International Women’s Day.
8 March 2014 - To mark International Women's Day, the United Nations family is spotlighting a simple truth: achieving equality for women and girls is essential not merely because it is a matter of fairness and fundamental human rights, but because progress in so many other areas depends on it.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Secretary-General, Commemorating International Women’s Day, Says ‘Equality for Women is Progress for All’ - 7 March 2014
- Marking International Women’s Day, Secretary-General Calls for Concrete Action to End All Violence against Women, Girls; Says ‘We Have Right on Our Side’ - 8 March 2013
- Secretary-General, at Observance, Calls International Women’s Day Occasion for Setting Sights on Remaining Barriers to Gender Equality - 8 March 2013
- Give Response to Sexual Violence Priority in Peace Activities, Secretary-General Instructs Senior Advisers in Message for International Women’s Day - 4 March 2013
- On International Women’s Day, Secretary-General, General Assembly President Propose Global Conference on Women in 2015, 20 Years after Beijing - 8 March 2012
- ‘Nowhere, at No Time, Can We Allow Women to Be Treated or Accepted as Second-Class Citizens,’ Declares Secretary-General at International Women’s Day Event - 7 March 2012
- United Nations Partners with University of Southern California Shoah Foundation Institute to Observe International Women’s Day - 5 March 2012