8 March 2013 - The United Nations celebrated International Women’s Day today with the debut of a new song to rally and inspire listeners to join the drive for women’s rights and gender equality, and a call to action to turn the promises for women into concrete change.
6 March 2013 - Ahead of International Women’s Day, a team of United Nations agency representatives arrived in Sierra Leone today to support gender equality and to gain international attention for a new national policy meant to recognize the critical role of women in achieving broad-based economic growth and consolidating peace efforts.
5 March 2013 - An all-female climbing team supported by the United Nations today reached the summit of Africa’s tallest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro, in Tanzania, in celebration of International Women’s Day, which will be observed on 8 March.
22 February 2013 - More than 20 musicians from across the globe are joining forces with the United Nations to spotlight the importance of empowering women through a song that will be released on International Women's Day, celebrated on 8 March.
8 March 2012 - Women’s voices and their participation in all aspects of society are more important than ever, as witnessed last year in the context of the global economic crisis, political transitions in the Arab world and elsewhere, and environmental disasters, United Nations officials stressed today as they marked International Women’s Day.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Marking International Women’s Day, Secretary-General Calls for Concrete Action to End All Violence against Women, Girls; Says ‘We Have Right on Our Side’ - 8 March 2013
- Secretary-General, at Observance, Calls International Women’s Day Occasion for Setting Sights on Remaining Barriers to Gender Equality - 8 March 2013
- Give Response to Sexual Violence Priority in Peace Activities, Secretary-General Instructs Senior Advisers in Message for International Women’s Day - 4 March 2013
- On International Women’s Day, Secretary-General, General Assembly President Propose Global Conference on Women in 2015, 20 Years after Beijing - 8 March 2012
- ‘Nowhere, at No Time, Can We Allow Women to Be Treated or Accepted as Second-Class Citizens,’ Declares Secretary-General at International Women’s Day Event - 7 March 2012
- United Nations Partners with University of Southern California Shoah Foundation Institute to Observe International Women’s Day - 5 March 2012
- Female Energy, Talent, Strength Represent Humankind’s Most Valuable Untapped Resource, Secretary-General Says in Message for International Women’s Day - 2 March 2012