8 March 2014 - To mark International Women's Day, the United Nations family is spotlighting a simple truth: achieving equality for women and girls is essential not merely because it is a matter of fairness and fundamental human rights, but because progress in so many other areas depends on it.
7 March 2014 - On the eve of International Women’s Day, the United Nations has launched the Â“He for SheÂ” campaign urging men to stand up for the rights of their mothers, sisters and daughters, while top UN officials stressed that human rights for girls and women are not a dream but a duty of all.
6 March 2014 - With preparations under way to mark International Women’s Day this Saturday, the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO) today released a set of recommendations for countries to ensure that women, girls and couples have access to the tools needed to avoid unwanted pregnancies, thereby improving health and allowing for better family planning.
8 March 2013 - The United Nations celebrated International Women’s Day today with the debut of a new song to rally and inspire listeners to join the drive for women’s rights and gender equality, and a call to action to turn the promises for women into concrete change.
6 March 2013 - Ahead of International Women’s Day, a team of United Nations agency representatives arrived in Sierra Leone today to support gender equality and to gain international attention for a new national policy meant to recognize the critical role of women in achieving broad-based economic growth and consolidating peace efforts.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Secretary-General, Commemorating International Women’s Day, Says ‘Equality for Women is Progress for All’ - 7 March 2014
- Marking International Women’s Day, Secretary-General Calls for Concrete Action to End All Violence against Women, Girls; Says ‘We Have Right on Our Side’ - 8 March 2013
- Secretary-General, at Observance, Calls International Women’s Day Occasion for Setting Sights on Remaining Barriers to Gender Equality - 8 March 2013
- Give Response to Sexual Violence Priority in Peace Activities, Secretary-General Instructs Senior Advisers in Message for International Women’s Day - 4 March 2013
- On International Women’s Day, Secretary-General, General Assembly President Propose Global Conference on Women in 2015, 20 Years after Beijing - 8 March 2012
- ‘Nowhere, at No Time, Can We Allow Women to Be Treated or Accepted as Second-Class Citizens,’ Declares Secretary-General at International Women’s Day Event - 7 March 2012
- United Nations Partners with University of Southern California Shoah Foundation Institute to Observe International Women’s Day - 5 March 2012