"Lest We Forget: Breaking the Silence on the Transatlantic Slave Trade"
27 March 2008, 10:00am-1:00 p.m.
Dag Hammarskjöld Library Auditorium
United Nations Headquarters
- 10-11 a.m. Premiere of the groundbreaking documentary film titled “The Slave Route: A Global Vision”
Meet the Producer
- 11-11:30 a.m. Remarks by Sheila Walker, Member of the International Scientific Committee of the Slave Route Project
11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Mr. Eric Falt, Director, Outreach Division of the Department of Public Information
- H.E. Mr. Raymond Wolfe, Permanent Representative of Jamaica to the United Nations
- H.E. Ms. Karen Pierce, Deputy Permanent Representative of United Kingdom to the United Nations
- Mr. Howard Dodson, Director, Schonburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Mr. William D. Payne, Former Assemblyman, NJ Legislature
- Representatives of NGOs are encouraged to participate during the Q & A segment.