16 August 2014 At a special event on the occasion of the Summer Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today urged young people everywhere to get involved and engaged in driving global action at this critical time in history.
- Secretary-General Calls on Combatants Everywhere to Respect Olympic Truce, Evoking Hope for More Lasting Ceasefires, Durable Peace, Prosperity - 31 January 2014
- Just Ahead of Winter Olympics in Russian Federation, General Assembly President Appeals to Member States to Uphold Spirit of Olympic Truce - 29 January 2014
- General Assembly Adopts Resolutions Supporting Atomic Energy Agency’s Work on Nuclear Safety, Urging Member States to Observe Olympic Truce - 6 November 2013
- Secretary-General Says Message of Olympic Truce — for Nations to Set Aside Differences, Place Harmony Over Hostility — ‘Dream on Which the United Nations is Built’ - 27 July 2012
- Secretary-General, in Video Message, Calls for Honouring of Olympic Truce - 27 July 2012
- Secretary-General, in Message, Calls on All Engaged in Hostilities to Respect Olympic Truce — Uphill Battle, but Must Do Utmost to ‘Win Adherence to It’ - 19 July 2012
- General Assembly Notes its President’s Appeal for Members States to Observe Olympic Truce, Strengthen Culture of Peace - 8 February 2010