30 June 2008 - The head of the panel set up to review United Nations staff security worldwide in the wake of last year’s deadly Algiers bombing has underscored the need for vigilance amid growing threats to the Organization.
5 February 2008 - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has chosen veteran diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi to chair an independent panel on the safety and security of United Nations staff worldwide, set up in the wake of the December 2007 Algiers bombing which claimed the lives of 17 of the Organization’s staff.
11 January 2008 - The top United Nations security official today submitted to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon a report on last December’s deadly terrorist attack in Algiers which claimed the lives of 17 Â– and injured 40 Â– of the world body’s staff.
14 December 2007 - Staff members of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) are mourning the loss of two colleagues, both Algerian nationals, killed in the deadly terror attack that struck the world body’s offices in Algiers on Tuesday.
12 December 2007 - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today mourned the loss of a staff member who was among those killed yesterday when a car bomb exploded near the Organization’s offices in Algiers.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Attacks Show United Nations Has Become Terrorist Target, Secretary-General Says in Remarks to Mark Second Anniversary of Algiers Bombing - 11 December 2009
- UNITED NATIONS MUST BALANCE MISSION ON BEHALF OF OTHERS WITH NEED TO PROTECT ITS OWN, SECRETARY-GENERAL SAYS IN REMARKS TO CEREMONY FOR ALGIERS BOMBING VICTIMS - 23 January 2008
- SECRETARY-GENERAL TO APPOINT INDEPENDENT PANEL ON ALGIERS BOMBING - 14 January 2008
- SECRETARY-GENERAL SAYS ‘I WILL SPARE NO EFFORT’ ENSURING UNITED NATIONS PROVIDES ADEQUATE SECURITY FOR STAFF, AS DEATH TOLL RISES FROM ALGIERS BOMBING - 14 December 2007
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY PRESIDENT STRONGLY CONDEMNS ALGIERS BOMB ATTACKS - 11 December 2007