Article 10 - Right to life
Background Documents | Article 10 Background
Seventh Session | Fifth
Session | Fourth
Session | Third Session
Working Group | References
human rights conventions and other legal instruments
International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
• ICCPR: International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
• CERD: Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
• CEDAW: Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
• CAT: Convention Against Torture
• CRC: Convention on the Rights of the Child
• ILO Convention 159: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Disabled Persons)
• ILO Recommendation 168: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Disabled Persons)
Related to para. 1
ICCPR, Article 6(1): Every human being has the inherent right to life. This right shall be protected by law. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his life.
CRC, Article 6(1): States Parties recognize that every child has the inherent right to life.
CMW, Article 9: The right to life of migrant workers and members of their families shall be protected by law.