15 December 2009: UN Forum on Forests Secretariat and Convention on Biological Diversity Secretariat enter into Partnership
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
13 December 2009: Forest Day 3 at COP15 , Copenhagen
- UNFF Secretariat co-hosts sub plenary on Forest Degradation and learning event on financing.
- Forest Day 3 Co-Host, UNFF Secretariat facilitates financing for forests and climate change discussions
- ENB coverage of Forest Day 3
30 October 2009: Special Session of UNFF9, UNHQ New York
- UN Press Release "United Nations Forum on Forests Approves Key Initiatives on Forest Financing"
- UN New Centre "UN Member States reach agreement on financing of sustainable forests"
- IISD Linkages coverage of the Special Session
23 September 2009: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s remarks at the High-level Event on REDD, UNHQ New York
"Partnership of Developing, Developed Nations Must Respect Forest-Country Sovereignty, Support Indigenous Peoples"
4 May 2009: Concluding Eighth Session, UN Forum on Forests Calls For Urgent Coordinated Action to Combat Biodiversity Loss, Other Looming Environmental Threats
28 April 2009: Forum on Forests Considers Input by Civil Society as Delegates continue Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue with Major Groups
24 April 2009: Forum on Forests holds Mid-Session Review of progress in negotiations by Working Groups, considers Next Week's Discussion
22 April 2009: Proposed Meeting to Discuss 'Alarming' Rate of Deforestation Draws Interest as Forum on Forests Concludes General Debate
21 April 2009: Forum Focuses on Potential Strategic Role of Sustainable Forest Management in Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation Measures
20 April 2009: Chairman Calls for ‘Breakthrough’ In Translating Concept into Reality as United Nations Forum on Forests opens Eighth Session
17 April 2009: As 2009 Forum Opens, Member States to Grapple with Funding for Forest Management in times of Changing Environment (Background Press Release)