Subcommittee on Extractive Industries Taxation Issues for Developing Countries
- Status: Active
- Creation: Ninth session of the Committee (October 2013)
- Coordinator: Mr. Eric Nii Yarboi Mensah
- identify and consider the most pressing issues where guidance from the Committee may most usefully assist developing countries in this area and report to the Committee on such at its tenth annual session in 2014;
- provide a work program to the Committee at its tenth annual session that identifies and prioritizes such issues on a preliminary basis and includes proposals providing policy and administrative guidance for developing countries at a very practical level; and
- provide draft guidance on such issues as are approved by the Committee at its annual sessions.
The Subcommittee is mandated to consider, report on and propose draft guidance on extractive industries taxation issues for developing countries on the basis that it shall:
In undertaking its work, the Subcommittee shall seek to engage with other organizations active in the field. The Subcommittee shall report on its work at each annual session.