Multi-stakeholder Consultations on Financing for Development
Dialogues managed by FFDO
Rethinking the role of National Development Banks
How can the role of National Development Banks (NDBs) and other Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) in promoting economic and social development be enhanced? This fundamental question will be addressed through a set of multi-stakeholder consultations during 2005-2007. The process will be organized by the Financing for Development Office of UN-DESA, in collaboration with NDBs, International Financial Institutions, Regional Development Banks, UN Regional Commissions and other interested parties from the official and private sectors, academia and civil society.
For more information please see the overview.
- Fourth Regional Consultation on "National and Regional Development Banks in Asia and the Pacific: Potential and Sustainability" (Bangkok, Thailand, 17-19 December 2007)
- Meeting of Experts' Session on "Enhancing the role of National and Regional Development Banks" (Geneva, Switzerland, 4 May 2007)
- Third Regional Consultation on "Rethinking the Role of National Development Banks in Africa" (Johannesburg, South Africa, 22-23 November 2006)
- Second Regional Consultation on "The Role of National and Regional Development Banks in Africa" (Paris, France, 27-28 June 2006)
- First Regional Consultation on "Challenges of National Development Banks in Latin America" (Lima, Peru, 12-13 June 2006)
- Ad Hoc Expert Group Meeting on "Rethinking the role of National Development Banks" (New York, USA, 1-2 December 2005)