This event is organized by the Addis Ababa CSO Coordinating Group and the Women Working Group on FfD, on behalf of the CSO FfD Group.
Facilitating organizations are led by the Global Alliance for Tax Justice:
- Tax Justice Network-Africa
- Red de Justicia Fiscal de América Latina y el Caribe (hosted by Latindadd)
- Asia Alliance for Tax Justice (hosted by Jubilee South)
- Tax Justice-Europe (hosted by Eurodad)
- North America Alliance (hosted by The FACT Coalition/TJN-USA and Canadians for Tax Fairness)
- Christian Aid
- Public Services International
- Society for International Development
- Global Policy Forum
- Save the Children
Taxes are arguably the most important source of government revenue to implement public policies to redistribute wealth and realize human rights, achieve equality, and strengthen governance and accountability. Taxation is critical to financing for development. It’s a powerful tool for poverty reduction – enabling sustainable investment in public services, infrastructure and other development needs. While the problems are systemic, solutions include ensuring all countries have an equal say in deciding fairer international tax rules, curbing tax avoidance, eliminating illicit financial flows, ending harmful tax incentives and ‘tax wars’, and building progressive and effective national tax systems.
For inquiries regarding this side event, please contact
- Teresa Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org,