Addis Ababa CSO Coordinating Group and the Women Working Group on FfD. The event is facilitated by APWLD, Caritas France – Secours Catholique, DAWN, Eurodad, ETC Group and others.
Addressing the flaws and filling the gaps in the in the international financial and trade architecture has originally been the trigger and the purpose of the UN Financing for Development process. In the context of recurrent financial crises and economic imbalances, it is more important than ever before. What are the key reforms that the Addis Summit and its follow up process need to address to make the international financial and trade architecture fit for development? What institutions will be at the centre of the new post-Addis Ababa architecture? How can we make progress in essential areas such as
– promoting financial regulation to make finance come back to serve society and the real economy
– creating effective debt restructuring frameworks and promoting responsible lending and borrowing
– reforming trade and investment agreements to advance inclusive sustainable development
– shaping the Technology Facilitation Mechanism to address systemic issues related to technology
For inquiries regarding this side event, please contact
- Bodo Ellmers, firstname.lastname@example.org