|Type||Voluntary commitment by other stakeholders|
|Organisation||Various countries / organisations|
Collectively the countries subscribing to the Addis Tax Initiative declare their commitment to implement the Addis Ababa Action Agenda in the leading action of raising domestic public revenue, to improve fairness, transparency, efficiency, and effectiveness of their tax systems, and commit to step up their efforts as described below:
• Participating providers of international support will collectively double their technical cooperation in the area of domestic revenue mobilisation and taxation by 2020;
• Partner countries restate their commitment to step up domestic resource mobilisation as a key means of implementation for attaining the SDGs and inclusive development; and
• All countries restate their commitment to ensure Policy Coherence for Development.
For a full text of the Addis Tax Initiative declaration visit:
Germany, United Kingdom, United States, Ethiopia, European Commission, OECD and 30 other countries and international organisations. For a full list visit: www.taxcompact.net.
To strengthen capacity building in domestic revenue mobilisation/taxation in partner countries in order to enable them to step up domestic revenue mobilisation.
– Aid providing countries: increase in technical cooperation spent on DRM/tax (in US$)
– Partner countries: stepped up DRM (measured as tax/GDP ratio).
Providers of technical cooperation will collectively double their ODA spent on domestic revenue mobilisation/taxation.
Collective doubling to be reached by 2020