Preparations for the Special High-Level Meeting of the Economic and Social Council with the Bretton Woods institutions and the World Trade Organization
ECOSOC Hearings and Dialogue with Representatives of Civil Society
20 March 2003, UN Headquarters, Conference Room 4
- "Increased coherence, coordination and cooperation for the implementation of the Monterrey Consensus of the International Conference on Financing for Development at all levels one year after the Conference" (ECOSOC decision 2003/209).
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Opening of the meeting and organization of work
Welcome address by the Chairperson of the meeting, H.E. Ms. Marjatta RASI, Senior Vice-President of ECOSOC, and introduction of civil society representatives / panellists
Introductory remarks by the Moderator of the morning session, Mr. Nitin DESAI, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs
- 10:15 a.m. 1:15 p.m
- Panel discussions *
- 10:15 a.m. 11:15 a.m
- Panel 1: "External debt"
- 11:15 a.m. 12:15 p.m.
- Panel 2: "International Trade"
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Panel 3: "Reform of Global Governance"
- 1:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- LUNCH BREAK
- 3:00 p.m. 3:15 p.m.
- Introductory remarks by the Moderator of the afternoon session, Ms. Eveline HERFKENS, Executive Coordinator for the Millennium Development Goals Campaign
- 3:15 p.m. 5:15 p.m.
- Continuation of panel discussions *
- 3:15 p.m. 4:15 p.m.
- Panel 4: "Millennium Development Goals & Official Development Assistance"
- 4:15 p.m. 5:15 p.m.
- Panel 5: "Policy Coherence"
- 5:15 p.m. 5:30 p.m.
- Closing remarks by the Moderator and the Chairperson of the meeting
* Each panel will consist of presentations by civil society representatives (totalling 15 minutes) followed by a discussion with ECOSOC delegates, including questions from the audience (45 minutes)