Action For Governments and Local Authorities
- Adopt national and local plans of action for ending violence against women, including allocating funds and resources for prevention and awarenessraising programmes and activities.
- Review existing legislation and identify gaps and areas to be strengthened, working with civil society groups. Develop policies and regulations to implement legislation at all levels, including by health, police and justice officials.
- Ratify relevant international treaties to which your country is not already a party.
- Improve data collection on violence against women and girls, including through population-based surveys.
- Inaugurate an annual award to recognize women and men working locally or nationally to end violence against women.
- Create cross-sectoral coordinating committees to address the issue of violence against women, working with civil society groups.