- Assistant Secretary-General Stresses Need to Uphold Human Rights Standards in Security Council Briefing on Ukraine Visits (16 April 2014)
Protest-related human rights violations in Ukraine must be urgently investigated and verified, and security forces must maintain public order in accordance with human rights standards, Assistant Secretary-General for Human Rights Ivan Šimonović told the Security Council today.
- Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2150 (2014), Security Council Calls for Recommitment to Fight against Genocide (16 April 2014)
Twenty years after the genocide in Rwanda, the Security Council condemned without reservation any denial of the genocide and urged member States to develop educational programmes to help prevent similar events.
- Ukraine Situation ‘More Combustible than Ever’, Assistant Secretary-General Warns Security Council, Calling for Action to De-escalate Crisis (13 April 2014)
Warning that the situation in Ukraine was “more combustible than ever”, a senior United Nations political official told an emergency session of the Security Council this evening that without urgent action to de-escalate the crisis, the likelihood of further bloodshed and violent clashes would grow by the hour.
- Security Council Press Statement on Libya (15 April 2014)
The following Security Council press statement was issued today by Council President U. Joy Ogwu (Nigeria):
- Security Council Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee Deletes Youssef Ben Abdul Baki Ben Youcef Abdaoui from Its Sanctions List (15 April 2014)
On 15 April 2014, the Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999) and 1989 (2011) concerning Al-Qaida and associated individuals and entities removed the name of the individual below from the Al-Qaida Sanctions List.
- Security Council Committee Determines Items, Designates Entities Subject to Measures Imposed in Resolution 1718 (2006) (15 April 2014)
On 2 April 2014, the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1718 (2006) approved updates to the lists of entities, goods and individuals subject to the measures imposed by paragraph 8 of resolution 1718 (2006).
Press Conference by Security Council President on Work Programme for April (2 April 2014)
The Central African Republic, the “women, peace and security” agenda, and security sector reform would be among the Security Council’s top priorities in April, the organ’s President for April said at Headquarters today.
Press Conference by Security Council President on Work Programme for March (4 March 2014)
The situation in the Central African Republic, issues of children and armed conflict, and events in Afghanistan would be among the Security Council’s top priorities in March, the Permanent Representative of Luxembourg said today at a Headquarters press conference.