APPLICATION FOR DELISTING
An individual or entity seeking delisting (Petitioner) from the Al-Qaida Sanctions List (List) of the Security Council’s Al-Qaida Sanctions Committee may submit a request directly to the Office of the Ombudsperson.
FORMAT AND TRANSMISSION
There is no prescribed format for the request. What is important is to include all the necessary information as described in the Content section below. While it is preferable for the request to be submitted in, or accompanied by a translation into, one of the six official languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish) requests in other languages will be accepted.
The request may be transmitted by any means which affords a record in writing – post, e-mail, or fax. For requests submitted by post, in case clarification or follow up is required, it would facilitate the process if a return e-mail address or fax number were included or if that is not possible, a phone number through which the Petitioner can be contacted. The request may be sent to the following addresses:
Office of the Ombudsperson
New York, NY 10017
United States of America
Tel: +1 212 963 2671
Fax: +1 212 963 1300/3778
A request for delisting should make reference to the relevant entry in the List and should include the following information:
1) Identification information for the Petitioner.
In the case of an individual especially:
(a) full name including any middle names or initials, father and grandfather's names as may be applicable, as well as any other names or pseudonyms used by the Petitioner;
(b) date and place of birth;
(c) nationality - if more than one please provide all;
(d) State of current residence; and
(e) any other information which may help to clarify any issues of identity.
2) In the case of an entity especially:
(a) full name of the entity including any alternative names used;
(b) if applicable, place and date of incorporation/registration;
(c) State(s) of current operation(s); and
(d) any other information which may help to clarify any issues of identity.
2) A statement of the reasons/ justification for delisting. This section should be as detailed as possible. The Petitioner should address any specific designating criteria set out in the Consolidated List entry or in the Narrative Summary (if applicable). If, in addition, the Petitioner has any information or suspicions as to the basis for his or her inclusion on the list, those should be included along with any explanations, arguments or submissions relating to the same.
۟ 3) Where available, copies of any documents or other supporting or explanatory material.
4) If applicable, a description of any court proceedings or litigation of relevance to the delisting request.
5) If applicable, a reference to any previous request for delisting made by the same Petitioner through the Focal Point or otherwise.
Note: While resolution 2083 (2012) sets out a procedure for repeat requests, that process will be applicable only to repeat requests to the Ombudsperson. Thus, where a previous request has been made through the Focal Point or otherwise, the request to the Office of the Ombudsperson will be considered as an initial one.
6) Where the request is being made by a person acting on behalf of a listed person, a document signed by the Petitioner, authorizing the person to act on his or her behalf.
Should you require assistance or further information please contact the Office of the Ombudsperson at: firstname.lastname@example.org