- 29 August 2014 Amid growing attacks, Security Council urges greater protection for aid workers
- 29 August 2014 Security Council condemns actions of Houthi militants to derail Yemen’s transition
- 28 August 2014 Ban alarmed by ‘dangerous escalation’ in Ukraine crisis; Security Council holds emergency talks
- 28 August 2014 UN reports improved humanitarian access to Syria for first time in six months
- 28 August 2014 Ban, Security Council deplore detention of UN peacekeepers in Golan
- 27 August 2014 South Sudan: Security Council strongly condemns downing of UN helicopter
- 27 August 2014 Darfur: Security Council extends African Union-UN mission for 10 more months
- 27 August 2014 Security Council reiterates concern over ‘alarming’ security situation in Africa’s Sahel
- 27 August 2014 Recent Libya fighting ‘unprecedented in gravity,’ warns outgoing UN envoy
- 26 August 2014 Security Council extends UN peacekeeping force in Lebanon for another year
For more news stories, visit the News Centre.
Every Security Council meeting receives coverage in the form of a press release which is issued under the series symbol SC/- immediately after the conclusion of the meeting. These press releases, which are not considered official documents, summarize the discussions conducted and actions taken by the Council. If a resolution is adopted at a particular meeting, the voting information is included in the release.
- Security Council, Adopting Resolution 2175 (2014), Sets Out Steps to Halt ‘Increasingly Common’ Attacks on Humanitarian Workers (8/29/2014)
- Security Council, in Presidential Statement, Urges Stop to Escalating Campaign by Yemeni Faction to ‘Bring Down the Government’, Disrupt Transition (8/29/2014)
- Developments in Kosovo Receive Mixed Reviews as Security Council Considers Pace of Reconciliation, Scope of Persistent Challenges (8/29/2014)
- Humanitarian Access in Syria Improving Despite ‘Dire’ Funding Situation, Atrocities by Extremists, Security Council Told in Briefing (8/28/2014)
- Security Council Press Statement on United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (8/28/2014)
- Senior Official Warns Security Council of Dangerous Escalation in Ukraine, Citing ‘Deeply Alarming Reports of Russian Military Involvement’ (8/28/2014)
- Wrapping Up Month of ‘Emergencies’, Security Council Urged to Strengthen Conflict-Prevention Mechanisms (8/28/2014)
- Security Council, in Presidential Statement, Recommits to Addressing Sahel‘s Complex Challenges while Commending Regional Initiatives (8/27/2014)
- Security Council, Unanimously Adopting Resolution 2173 (2014), Renews Mandate of African Union-United Nations Hybrid Operation in Darfur (8/27/2014)
- Security Council, Adopting Resolution 2174 (2014), Calls for Immediate Ceasefire in Libya, Inclusive Political Dialogue, Prior Notice for Weapons Transfers (8/27/2014)
For more news stories, visit the Meetings Coverage and Press Releases website.