Resolution 2231 (2015)
The 2231 List includes the individuals and entities that were specified on the list established and maintained by the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1737 (2006) as of the date of adoption of resolution 2231 (2015) (20 July 2015), with the exception of 36 individuals and entities specified in the Attachment to Annex B of the same resolution who were delisted on Implementation Day. Further, on 17 January 2016, the Security Council removed one entity from the 2231 List. There currently are 23 individuals and 61 entities on the 2231 List.
Old List Version (will be removed on 1 September 2016)
New List Version (in alphabetical order)
New List Version (by Permanent Reference Number)
As stipulated by paragraph 6 (c) of Annex B of resolution 2231 (2015), the Security Council may:
- De-list additional individuals and entities;
- List additional individuals and entities for:
- having engaged in, directly associated with or provided support for Iran’s proliferation-sensitive nuclear activities undertaken contrary to Iran’s commitments in the JCPOA or the development of nuclear weapon delivery systems, including through the involvement in procurement of prohibited items, goods, equipment, materials and technology specified in Annex B of resolution 2231 (2015);
- having assisted designated individuals or entities in evading or acting inconsistently with the JCPOA or resolution 2231 (2015);
- having acted on behalf or at the direction of designated individuals or entities; or
- having been owned or controlled by designated individuals or entities, including through illicit means.