2009 Comprehensive Review
Open Meeting (30 September - 2 October 2009)
Substantive background papers prepared by the group of experts:
- “Assess the impact of resolution 1540, including through measures taken after the adoption of resolution 1540”
- “Assess whether States have undertaken measures derived from the 1540 resolution, including through the establishment and enforcement of appropriate criminal or civil penalties for violations of export control laws and regulations” (Annex)
- “Conduct regional analysis of implementation, with some examples of national and regional practices and experience sharing”
- “Generate new tools, such as sample action plans or assistance requests, and develop practical means to address the most commonly found or dangerous “gaps” in implementation”
- “Evaluate, as appropriate, the impact of national implementation measures on individuals and due process standards”
- “Assess the existing templates, particularly the 1540 Committee matrix, in light of the information gathered for the 2006 and 2008 reports”.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.