A school girl at the Sitara School in Kabul pushes her classmate, a double-leg land-mine amputee in a wheelchair. The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was adopted on 13 December 2006. UN Photo/Hassan Zakizada
- General Assembly Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural)
Documents, press releases, related links.
- UN Human Rights Council
General Assembly resolution establishing the Council, latest news, meetings, events, membership.
- Charter-based and Treaty-based Bodies
Overview, treaties, documents, recommendations.
- Secretary-General's Campaign to End Violence Against Women
Framework for action, activities and contacts, statements, resources.
- Special Representative on Violence Against Children
UN Study, News, Partnerships, Documents, Children's Corner
- UN Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict
Special Representative, field updates, news, testimonies, resources.
Background, Mandate, Advisory Committee, statements, publications.
- Indigenous Peoples
News, sessions, topics, resources.
- Children and Armed Conflict
Issues, conflicts, actions, key documents, media.
- The Holocaust and the United Nations Outreach Programme
About the programme, key documents, events.
- Lessons From Rwanda
About the programme, key documents, Visions of Rwanda.
- Disability and the UN
Convention, news, reports, Mandate.
- Special Rapporteurs on Human Rights Issues
List of issues, media centre, meetings, events, publications and resources.
- Human Trafficking
Trafficking, migrant smuggling, tools and publications, expert interviews.
International Courts and Tribunals
- International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY)
Overview, documents, latest news, courtrooms, cases, reports.
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR)
Overview, documents, latest news, cases, judicial database, events.
- Special Court for Sierra Leone
Live coverage, cases, press room, documents, news.
- Extraordinary Chambers in the Court of Cambodia
Reports, Judicial Officers, organs, press statements, outreach.
- Special Tribunal for Lebanon
About the Tribunal, documents, reports, contacts, defence.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The full text of the Declaration.
- International Law Instruments Relating to Human Rights
International Bill of Human Rights, core instruments, monitoring bodies, universal instruments.
- Human Rights Day
Statements, General Assembly commemoration, additional resources.
- Durban Review Conference - 20-24 April 2009, Geneva, Switzerland
- World Conference Against Racism - 31 August-7 September 2001, Durban, South Africa
- World Conference on Human Rights - 14-25 June 1993, Vienna, Austria (report of the Conference)