Sexual exploitation and abuse represents a catastrophic failure of protection. It brings harm to those whom we – the UN, NGOs or other international organizations – are mandated to protect and jeopardizes the reputation of our organizations. It also violates universally recognized international legal norms and standards.
As a staff member of the UN, NGOs and other international organizations, you must sustain ethical behaviour in your professional and, even, private life. Below is a checklist and key documents to inform you of your obligation and relevant information on protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Participate in an awareness raising session on PSEA
- Know the rules – see key documents
- Know your PSEA Focal Point – if you don’t, you can ask your human resources office
- SGB’s Special Measures for Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse.
- Statement of Commitment on Eliminating Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by UN and Non-UN Personnel
FAQs (PDF 321kb)