Monday, 11 April 2016
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
General Assembly Hall
United Nations Headquarters, New York
- H.E. Mr. Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General
- H.E. Mr. Mogens Lykketoft, President of the United Nations General Assembly
- H.E. Mr. Eugène-Richard Gasana, Minister of State in Charge of Cooperation and Permanent Representative of Rwanda to the United Nations
- Ms. Nelly Mukazayire, Deputy Director of the Cabinet in the Office of the President of Rwanda
- Ms. Frida Umuhoza, survivor and author of "Frida: Chosen to Die, Destined to Live"
- Mr. Malcolm Hoenlein, Executive Vice Chairman, Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
Music by Pauletta Washington and the Mamazband
Moderated by Ms. Cristina Gallach, United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Communications and Public Information
Organized by the United Nations Department of Public Information, in cooperation with the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Rwanda to the United Nations
Watch the webcast of the event.
Commemorations organized by UN information centres around the world included events in Bangladesh, the Republic of the Congo, Ghana, India, Iran, Italy, Kenya, Madagascar, Namibia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Tanzania, and Zambia, among others.