Skip to content
UN Police Division Minimum Recruitment Requirements
- 25-62 years;
- Preference under 55 years.
Number of years of professional experience
- Five (5) years excluding training;
- Retired personnel can be deployed if retired within the past 5 years.
- Mandatory language test (reading, listening, report writing and oral interview);
- Language of Operation, French and English;
- Passing score 60 % or above.
Driving skills proficiency
- One (1) year of recent driving experience;
- In possession of a valid national driving license for at least one year;
- Two mandatory driving tests one by Selection and Assistance Team and one in the respective peacekeeping mission where deployed.
Use of firearms proficiency
Desirable complementary skills
- Previous experience in a UN mission;
- Proficiency in map reading, land navigation, use of global positioning systems;
- Knowledge of basic negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution;
- Interviewing techniques;
- Basic first aid.
- Good judgment, supported by a common-sense approach to problem-solving;
- Objective attitude, displaying tact and impartiality;
- Polite demeanour, combined with a firm but flexible and honest approach;
- Considerable self-discipline and patience;
- A friendly, open approach to other nationalities;
- Demonstrable leadership skills.