UNOCI Facts and Figures
Current authorization until 30 June 2015
Security Council resolution 2162 of 25 June 2014
Initial authorization (4 April 2004 - 23 June 2005)
Security Council resolution S/RES/1528 of 27 February 2004
- 6,910 total uniformed personnel, including
- 6,240 troops;
- 200 military observers;
- 120 staff officers;
- 350 police officers.
Since then, the authorized strength of UNOCI has been reviewed and changed by the Security Council on a number of occasions, depending on the situation in the country and the needs of the mission.
Security Council resolution 2162 of 25 June 2014 [the following troop/police levels should be reached by 30 June 2015]
- 6,945 total uniformed personnel, including
- 5,245 troops and staff officers;
- 192 military observers;
- 1,500 police personnel and 8 customs officers.
Current strength (31 October 2014)
- 8,492 total uniformed personnel including
- 6,898 troops;
- 187 military observer;
- 1,407 police (including formed units)
- 349 international civilian personnel*
- 701 local staff*
- 144 United Nations Volunteers
*NB: Statistics for international and local civilians are as of 31 August 2014
Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Cameroon, Chad, China, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, India, Ireland, Jordan, Malawi, Morocco, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Argentina, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, France, Ghana, Guinea, Jordan, Madagascar, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vanuatu and Yemen.
- 82 troops
- 17 police
- 2 military observer
- 6 international civilian
- 12 local civilian
- 119 total
- Method of financing: Assessment in respect of a Special Account
- Approved budget (07/2014 - 06/2015): $493,570,300 [A/C.5/68/26]