UNMIK Facts and Figures
Security Council resolution 1244 of 10 June 1999 [UNMIK has been established for an initial period of 12 months, to continue thereafter unless the Security Council decides otherwise]
- Up to 4,718 police personnel (including formed units and border police)
- 38 military liaison officers
- Appropriate significant civilian component
View the peacekeeping factsheet to see the number of personnel currently deployed.
- Find out which countries are contributing troops and police personnel to the mission.
- View the latest fatality statistics by mission, nationality, appointment type and year.
- Method of financing: Assessment in respect of a Special Account
- Approved budget (07/2015 – 06/2016): $40,031,000 [A/C.5/69/24 ]