UNMIK Facts and Figures
Security Council resolution 1244 of 10 June 1999 (UNMIK has been established for an initial period of 12 months, to continue thereafter unless the Security Council decides otherwise)
- Up to 4,718 police personnel (including formed units and border police)
- 38 military liaison officers
- Appropriate significant civilian component
View the peacekeeping factsheet to see the number of personnel currently deployed.
- Find out which countries are contributing troops and police personnel to the mission.
- View the latest fatality statistics by mission, nationality, appointment type and year.
- Method of financing: Assessment in respect of a Special Account
- Approved budget (07/2016 – 06/2017): $36,486,900 (A/C.5/70/24 )