UNIFIL Facts and Figures
Current authorization until 31 August 2015
Security Council resolution 2172 of 26 August 2014
Security Council resolution 1701 of 11 August 2006
- 15,000 troops, supported by international and local civilian staff
Current (31 March 2016)
- 10,598 total uniformed personnel:
- 10,598 troops
- 257 international civilian*
- 591 local civilian staff*
*NB: Statistics for international and local civilians are as of 31 July 2015
- Find out which countries are contributing troops and police personnel to the mission.
- View the latest fatality statistics by mission, nationality, appointment type and year.
- Method of financing: Assessment in respect of a Special Account
- Approved budget (07/2015 – 06/2016): $506,346,400 [A/C.5/69/24]