MONUSCO Facts and Figures
- 22,016 total uniformed personnel
- 19,815 military personnel
- 760 military observers
- 391 police
- 1,050 personnel of formed police units
On 28 March 2013, the Security Council decided by resolution 2098 that MONUSCO shall, for an initial period of one year and within the authorized troop ceiling of 19,815, include an “Intervention Brigade” consisting inter alia of three infantry battalions, one artillery and one Special force and Reconnaissance company. This force ceiling was further confirmed by resolution 2147 of 28 March 2014. On 25 March 2015, the Council, by its resolution 2211, decided to reduce the MONUSCO force by 2,000 troops, while maintaining the authorized ceiling detailed above. In resolution 2277 (2016) the Security Council reaffirmed its intention to make the troop reduction permanent through a revised troop ceiling, and to consider any further troop reduction once significant progress has been achieved regarding the priorities of MONUSCO’s mandate.
View the peacekeeping factsheet to see the number of personnel currently deployed.
- Find out which countries are contributing troops and police personnel to the mission.
- View the latest fatality statistics by mission, nationality, appointment type and year.
- Method of financing: Assessment in respect of a Special Account
- Approved budget (07/2016 – 06/2017): $1,235,723,100 (A/C.5/70/24)