Department of Field Support
The Department of Field Support (DFS) provides dedicated support to peacekeeping field missions and political field missions.
UN Photo/Martine Perret
An Electoral Officer accompanied by the United Nations Police, carries electoral material from the helicopter for distribution in Alas, Timor-Leste.
DFS provides support in the areas of finance, logistics, Information, communication and technology (ICT), human resources and general administration to help missions promote peace and security.
DFS has seven main offices:
- Office of the Assistant Secretary-General
- Field Personnel Division
- Field Budget and Finance Division
- Logistics Support Division
- Information & Communications Technology Division
- Policy Evaluation and Training (PET) Division
- DFS also includes the United Nations Logistics Base in Brindisi (UNLB).
The Head of the Department of Field Support is Ms. Ameerah Haq »