68th Session of the General Assembly (2013)
- 17 September: Opening of the 68th Session of the General Assembly at UN Headquarters in New York
- 23 September: Disability and development : "The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond"
- 24 September- 2 October: General Debate of the General Assembly 68th Session
- 26 September: High-level Meeting on Nuclear Disarmament
- 3-4 October: High-level Dialogue on International Migration and Development
Deadline to apply for media accreditation: 11 September 2013.
If you have a valid UN Media pass, you DO NOT need to apply for a separate badge to cover UNGA 68.
How to apply
- send a request for an accreditation on letterhead of a media organization signed by the Bureau Chief or Editor-in-Chief addressed to the Media Accreditation and Liaison Unit (MALU) either by fax to 212-963-4642 or by email to email@example.com, once scanned (JPG format) AND
- fill out (for first time applicant) or update/renew (for returning journalists) the online form
When can you I pick up my UNGA badge
- You can pick it up starting Monday 16 September 2013.
- Please bring with you a copy of the letter that your company sent to us and your passport.
Entrance for press: 46th street entrance and First Avenue
Media center: It will be in CR1 in the North Lawn Building (NLB)
Delegates' Entrance Stakeout: Limited space
- Located at the entrance of the NLB.
All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the Media Center to access this area.
TV crews and photographers will not be able to leave the area during arrival and/or departure of VIPs.
Temporary General Assembly Hall (North Lawn Building)
- booths for TV crews and photographers: Limited space
- Only six small booths will be available.
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the Media Center to access the booths.
- seating inside the hall for press without equipment: not available in the temporary GA. Journalists interested in following the proceedings can do so from the media center.