69th Session of the General Assembly (2014)
If you have a valid UN Media pass, you DO NOT need to apply for a separate badge to cover UNGA 69.
We do not provide accreditation to documentary film crews from 16 September to 3 October 2014.
When to pick up your UNGA badge
You can pick it up starting Monday, 15 September 2014.
Hours and location for pick up
From 16 September to 2 October 2014, the badges can be picked up in the North Building (old CR-3), and the hours are:
(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Monday, 15 to Friday 19 September 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 21 September 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, 22 to Thursday 25 September 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 26 September 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, 27 September 8 a.m. to 12 p.m
Sunday, 28 September CLOSED
Monday, 29 September to Wednesday 1 October 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Entrance for press: 47th street and First Avenue.
Media center: It will be in the North Lawn Building (NLB) in old CR-1
Please bring your own headphones to listen to the programmes.
The following feeds will be provided to the broadcasters:
1) HDSDI (1080x1920x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector with all embedded audio channels
2) NTSC analog composite letterboxed (525x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector.
3) Separate Audio - analog balanced audio at mic level (-48dbu) on a 600 ohm XLR connector.
Please bring the appropriate cables as none will be available in the media center.
Click here for UNTV Transmission Guide
General Assembly Hall (GA Building)
- Booths for TV crews and photographers:
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the GA Liaison Desk (Third floor GA building) to access the booths and meetings that are open to the press.
- Tickets for the fourth floor mezzanine:
- A limited number of tickets will be available at the GA Liaison Desk (Third floor GA building) for the morning and afternoon sessions. It will be distributed on a first-come first served basis.
- Delegates' Entrance Stakeout: Limited space
All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the GA Liaison Desk to access this area.
TV crews and photographers will not be able to leave the area during arrival and/or departure of VIPs.
Conference Building (CB)
The basement and second floor of the CB will be restricted to the press.
Meetings in CR-1, CR-2, CR-3: Media will need to be escorted by MALU from the liaison desk located on the first floor of the CB
Meetings in ECOSOC, Trusteeship and Security Council chambers: Media will need to be escorted by MALU from its office located in room S-250 (second floor of the Secretariat)
Stakeout: the main stakeout will be located on the first floor of the Conference Building by the curved wall outside of CR-2. No escort needed to go there.
Briefing Room (S-237)
The majority of the press conferences will be taking place in room S-237 on the second floor fo the Secreriat. These events are only open to members of the press who have a media badge.
It is open to the media. No escort needed from MALU
Please contact the office of the Deputy Commissioner for Public Information in the New York City Department:
[More information will be posted in the coming weeks as it becomes available]