70th Session of the General Assembly (2015)
SCHEDULE - Draft programme of work
15 September 2015: Opening of the 70th Session of the General Assembly (Preliminary list of items in the provisional agenda)
25 September 2015 (morning): Visit of His Holiness Pope Francis
25-27 September 2015 (following above): Summit for the Adoption of the Post-2015 Development Agenda
28 September - 6 October 2015: General Debate of the General Assembly 70th Session
CLOSED: DEADLINE TO APPLY was Wednesday, 9 September 2015.
If you have a valid UN Media pass, you DO NOT need to apply for a separate badge to cover UNGA70, including the visit of His Holiness Pope Francis, the Post-2015 Summit, and the General Debate.
If you do not have a pass, please complete the steps below to apply for accreditation.
Every effort will be made to pre-print UNGA passes for early applicants. It is therefore recommended to apply early in order to save time in line (photo required - see step 3):
2. After creating the account, send a letter requesting U.N. media accreditation for UNGA70. It should be on official letterhead of a media organization, signed by the Publisher, Editor-in-chief, or Assignment Editor (along with their contact information). It should be recent and include the names and roles of all applicants, duration of the assignment and reach of the media. Please address the letter to the Media Accreditation Unit and send it via email, once signed and scanned (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax (212-963-4642).
3. If your photo was not taken by the Pass and ID Office within the last five years, please send a JPEG head shot of applicant (name of file should be same as applicant's) to email@example.com (along with letter described above). Photo must meet specifications listed here.
If your accreditation request is approved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the online account. Passes must be picked up in person. A printout of the confirmation e-mail and the assignment letter are required to pick up a pass, as well as a national passport.
*** Only UNGA70 requests will be processed after 14 August, 2015. Journalists in need of long-term passes can re-apply after UNGA70.
When to pick up your UNGA badge
Badges can be collected starting Tuesday, 15 September 2015, at the Pass and ID office.
Hours and location for pick up
From 23 September to 3 October 2015, the badges can be picked up at the media accreditation area adjacent to the North Lawn Building.
Hours of operation (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
|Tuesday to Friday, 15 to 18 September||9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Monday to Wednesday, 21 to 23 September||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Thursday, 24 September||9 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Friday, 25 September||7 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday and Sunday, 26 to 27 September||9 a.m. to 6 p.m|
|Monday, 28 September||7 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Monday, 28 September||7 a.m. to 6 p.m|
|Tuesday to Friday, 29 September to 2 October||8 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Saturday, 3 October||1 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, 4 October||CLOSED|
|Monday, 5 October||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
Entrance for press: 47th street and First Avenue (Open from 0600 hours. Closes after last meeting)
Media center: North Lawn Building (NLB) in old CR-1 (Operational starting 25 September)
Seating is first-come first-served. Please bring your own headphones to listen to the programmes.
The following feeds will be provided to the broadcasters:
1) HDSDI (1080x1920x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector with all embedded audio channels
2) NTSC analog composite letterboxed (525x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector.
3) Separate Audio - analog balanced audio at mic level (-48dbu) on a 600 ohm XLR connector.
Please bring the appropriate cables as none will be available in the media center.
Click here for UNTV Transmission Guide, including information on feeds and the video library.
General Assembly Hall (GA Building)
- Booths for TV crews and photographers:
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the GA Liaison Desk (Third floor GA building) to access the booths and meetings that are open to the press.
- Tickets for the fourth floor mezzanine:
- A limited number of tickets will be available at the GA Liaison Desk (Third floor GA building) for the morning and afternoon sessions. They will be distributed on a first-come first-served basis.
- Delegates' Entrance Stakeout: Limited space
All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the GA Liaison Desk to access this area.
TV crews and photographers will not be able to leave the area during arrival and/or departure of VIPs.
Conference Building (CB)
The basement and second floor of the CB will be restricted to the press.
Meetings in CR-1, CR-2, CR-3: Media will need to be escorted by MALU.
Meetings in ECOSOC, Trusteeship and Security Council chambers: Media will need be escorted by MALU.
Briefing Room (S-237)
The majority of the press conferences will take place in room S-237 on the second floor of the Secretariat. These events are open only to members of the press who have a media badge. A stakeout position will also be set up.
Media Documents Centre (S-0219)
Accredited correspondents may obtain press releases, links to documents, press kits and other United Nations materials.
Open to the media. No escort needed from MALU
Media clearance for the use of press island (between 45th & 46th St. on the East side of 1st avenue) is done through the City of New York. Please contact the NY Deputy Commissioner’s Office at 646-610-6700.
[More information will be posted in the coming weeks as it becomes available]