68th Session of the General Assembly (2013)
- 17 September: Opening of the 68th Session of the General Assembly at UN Headquarters in New York
- 23 September: Disability and development : "The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond"
- 23 September: MDG Success: Accelerating Action, Partnering for Impact
- 24 September- 2 October: General Debate of the General Assembly 68th Session
- 24 September: High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
- 25 September: Special Event to follow up efforts made towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals
- 26 September: High-level Meeting on Nuclear Disarmament
- 3-4 October: High-level Dialogue on International Migration and Development
- Click here for more on events related to the MDG and post-2015 development agenda
The media accreditation for the General assembly is CLOSED.
If you have a valid UN Media pass, you DO NOT need to apply for a separate badge to cover UNGA 68.
We do not provide accreditation to documentary films crews from 17 September to 2 October 2013.
When to pick up your UNGA badge
You can pick it up starting Monday 16 September 2013.
Hours and location for pick up
Until 19 September 2013, you can pick up your accreditation in the Pass and ID office located at 801 First Avenue (located on the north-west corner of 45th Street and First Avenue).
From 20 September to 2 October 2013, the badges can be picked up in a tent on the UN Plaza and the hours are:
Monday, 16 to Friday 20 September 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 21 & 22 September 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, 23 to Thursday 26 September 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 27 September 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, 28 September 8 a.m. to 12 noon
Sunday, 29 September CLOSED
Monday, 30 September to Wednesday 2 October 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Entrance for press: 46th street and First Avenue.
Media center: It will be in CR1 in the North Lawn Building (NLB)
Please bring your headphones to listen to the programmes.
The following feeds will be provided to the media:
1) HDSDI (1080x1920x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector with all embedded audio channels
2) NTSC analog composite letterboxed (525x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector.
3) Separate Audio - analog balanced audio at mic level (-48dbu) on a 600 ohm XLR connector.
Click here for UNTV Transmission Guide
Delegates' Entrance Stakeout: Limited space
- Located at the entrance of the NLB.
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the Media Center to access this area.
- TV crews and photographers will not be able to leave the area during arrival and/or departure of VIPs.
Temporary General Assembly Hall (North Lawn Building)
- booths for TV crews and photographers: Limited space
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the Media Center to access the booths and meetings that are open to the press.
Conference Building (CB)
- The basement and second floor of the CB will be restricted to the press
- Meetings in CR-1, CR-2, CR-3: Media will need to be escorted from the MALU liaison desk located on the first floor of the CB
- Meetings in ECOSOC, Trusteeship and Security Council chambers: Media will need to be escorted from the MALU office located in room S-250 (second floor of the Secretariat)
It is open to the media. No escort needed from MALU