69th Session of the General Assembly (2014)
- 16 September: Opening of the 69th Session of the General Assembly at UN Headquarters in New York
- 22 September: Special session of the General Assembly on the follow-up to the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development
- 22-23 September: High-leval pleanary meeting of the General Assembly to be known as the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples
- 23 September:Secretary-General's Climate Summit
- 24 September- 7 October: General Debate of the General Assembly 69th Session
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday 5 September 2014.
If you have a valid UN Media pass, you DO NOT need to apply for a separate badge to cover UNGA 69.
We do not provide accreditation to documentary films crews from 16 September to 3 October 2013.
When to pick up your UNGA badge
You can pick it up starting Monday 15 September 2014.
Hours and location for pick up
Until 19 September 2013, you can pick up your accreditation in the Pass and ID office located at 801 First Avenue (located on the north-west corner of 45th Street and First Avenue).
From 20 September to 2 October 2013, the badges can be picked up in a tent on the UN Plaza and the hours are:
Tuesday, 16 to Friday 19 September 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Sunday 21 September 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, 22 to Thursday 25 September 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 26 September 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, 27 September 8 a.m. to 12 p.m
Sunday, 28 September CLOSED
Monday, 29 September to Wednesday 1 October 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Entrance for press: 47th street and First Avenue.
Media center: It will be in CR4 in the North Lawn Building (NLB)
Please bring your headphones to listen to the programmes.
The following feeds will be provided to the media:
1) HDSDI (1080x1920x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector with all embedded audio channels
2) NTSC analog composite letterboxed (525x60i) on a 75 ohm BNC connector.
3) Separate Audio - analog balanced audio at mic level (-48dbu) on a 600 ohm XLR connector.
Click here for UNTV Transmission Guide
Delegates' Entrance Stakeout: Limited space
- Located at the entrance of the General Assembly.
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the GA Liaison Desk to access this area.
- TV crews and photographers will not be able to leave the area during arrival and/or departure of VIPs.
General Assembly Hall (GA Building)
- Booths for TV crews and photographers:
- All media will need to be escorted by MALU from the GA Liaison Desk (Third floor GA building) to access the booths and meetings that are open to the press.
- Tickets for the fourth floor mezzanine:
- A limited number of tickets will be available at the GA Liaison Desk for the morning and afternoon sessions. It will be distributed on a first-come first served basis. Please return the tickets to the liaison desk upon exiting the mezzanine area
Conference Building (CB)
- The basement and second floor of the CB will be restricted to the press
- Meetings in CR-1, CR-2, CR-3: Media will need to be escorted by MALU from the liaison desk located on the first floor of the CB
- Meetings in ECOSOC, Trusteeship and Security Council chambers: Media will need to be escorted by MALU from its office located in room S-250 (second floor of the Secretariat)
- Stakeout: the main stakeout will be located on the first floor of the Conference Building by the curved wall outside of CR-2. No escort needed to go there.
Briefing Room (S-237)
The majority of the press conferences will be taking place in room S-237 on the second floor fo the Secreriat. These events are only open to members of the press who have a media badge.
It is open to the media. No escort needed from MALU
Please contact the New York Police Department xxxxxxxxxx