The United Nations Security Council and General Assembly have increasingly recognized the importance of natural resources management for conflict prevention and peacebuilding. Most recently, the Security Council held a Thematic Debate on Conflict Prevention and the Extractive Industries on 19 June 2013. The contribution of the EU-UN partnership to peacebuilding has also been acknowledged by these bodies.
- Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at Security Council Thematic Open Debate on Conflict Prevention and the Extractive Industries, 19 June 2013
- Secretary-General's Statement on the International Day for Preventing Exploitation of Environment in Armed Conflict- 1 November 2012.
- Rebeca Grynspan: "The role of natural resources in promoting sustainable development" 28 September 2012 Remarks for Rebeca Grynspan, Associate Administrator of UNDP.
- Report of the Secretary-General on Strengthening the role of mediation in the peaceful settlement of disputes, conflict prevention and resolution of 2012
- Security Council Presidential Statement of 2011
- Progress report of the Secretary-General on Peacebuilding in the immediate aftermath of conflict – Report of the Secretary-General of 2010
- Security Council discussion in 2007 on natural resources in the context of the maintenance of international peace and security
- Security Council Presidential Statement of 2007.