WHAT WE DO
From emergency aid to Security Council vote – covering the gamut of UN activities around
Focusing on the UN’s priority goals and issues and their impact on nations and people around the world.
From NGO’s and the academic community to youth groups and celebrity advocates – joining forces to tackle issues of concern to all.
Involving people in the work of the UN through Information Centres, guided tours, briefings, videoconferences and educational resources.
Providing enhanced access to the wealth of information and knowledge on the UN and related issues for a wide range of users.
Providing an array of services to help the media cover all aspects of the UN’s work.
AT A GLANCE
Audiences and partners
Issues and campaigns
- 2013: International Year of Water Cooperation
- 2013: International Year of Quinoa
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (17 May) [ITU]
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development (May 21)
- International Day for Biological Diversity (22 May)
- Day of Vesak (24 May)
- Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing Territories (25–31 May)