Sixth Committee (Legal) — 64th session
During the sixty-fourth session, the Sixth Committee met from 5 October to 12 November 2009.
Summary of action taken by the General Assembly
Resolutions and decisions adopted by the General Assembly on items allocated to the Sixth Committee (List of resolutions and decisions).
Programme of work for the 64th session
- Overall programme of work for the Sixth Committee, as adopted by the Committee on 9 October 2009.
- Work programme for the debate of the Sixth Committee on the report of the International Law Commission (Programme ILC report)
- Provisional programme of work of the Sixth Committee for the sixty-fourth session, as adopted by decision of the General Assembly on 11 December 2008 (see Report of the Sixth Committee on the item "Revitalization of the work of the General Assembly": A/63/445).
- The Sixth Committee held its 26th meeting on Wednesday, 9 December 2009, at 3 p.m., in Conference Room 1 to consider agenda items "Observer status for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean in the General Assembly"  and "Observer status in the General Assembly for the Council of Presidents of the General Assembly" . See A/C.6/64/1/Add.1.
Agenda items allocated to the Sixth Committee
Click on the following links to obtain information, relevant documentation and summaries of the work of the Sixth Committee on each item at the 63rd session.
- Criminal accountability of United Nations officials and experts on mission
(Agenda item 78)
- Report of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law on the work of its forty-second session
(Agenda item 79)
- United Nations Programme of Assistance in the Teaching, Study, Dissemination and Wider Appreciation of International Law
(Agenda item 80)
- Report of the International Law Commission on the work of its sixty-first session
(Agenda item 81)
- Report of the Special Committee on the Charter of the United Nations and on the Strengthening of the Role of the Organization
(Agenda item 82 )
- The rule of law at the national and international levels
(Agenda item 83)
- The scope and application of the principle of universal jurisdiction
(Agenda item 84)
- Measures to eliminate international terrorism
(Agenda Item 106)
- Revitalization of the work of the General Assembly
(Agenda item 118)
- Administration of justice at the United Nations
(Agenda item 142 )
- Report of the Committee on Relations with the Host Country
(Agenda item 164 )
- Observer status for the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission in the General Assembly
(Agenda item 165 )
- Observer status for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in the General Assembly
(Agenda item 166)
- Observer status for the International Olympic Committee in the General Assembly
(Agenda item 167 )
- Observer status for the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region of Africa in the General Assembly
(Agenda item 168)
- Observer status for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean in the General Assembly
(Agenda item 169)
- Observer status in the General Assembly for the Council of Presidents of the General Assembly
(Agenda item 171)