High-level Meeting of the General Assembly on the
Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons
13-14 May 2013
[All files are in PDF () format]
- Latest Programme (as of 10 May 2013)
Documents and Letters:
Letter dated 10 May to all Permanent Missions and Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations regarding the High Level meeting on the Appraisal of the Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons.
- Letter from the Secretary-General thanking the President of the General Assembly and the Co-facilitators.
- Modalities, format and organization of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on the appraisal of the United Nations Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons (A/RES/67/260)
- UN Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons (GA Resolution 64/293 of 30 July 2010, annex)
- GA resolution adopted on 20 December 2012 (without a vote) entitled "Improving the coordination of efforts against trafficking in persons"
- 66th General Assembly Presidential Summary of the 3 April 2012 Interactive Dialogue on Prevention of Human Trafficking: Partnership and Innovation to End Violence against Women and Girls.
- Letter of 7 February 2013 from the PGA announcing the appointment of Ambassador Sajdik and Ambassador Lima as Co-Facilitators.
- Letter of 28 February 2013 from the PGA announcing the date of 13 May 2013 for the high-level meeting; requesting highest-possible level representation, and referring to the UN Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking.
- Letter of 18 March 2013 from the PGA's Chef de Cabinet transmitting a letter from the Co-Facilitators announcing the objective and date of 26 March for the first informal consultations.
- Letter of 20 March 2013 from the PGA's Chef de Cabinet transmitting a "food for thought" paper from the Co-Facilitators for delegations to consider.
Links to Additional Information:
- A link to the UN Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking (an output of the UN Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons) : http://www.unodc.org/unodc/human-trafficking-fund.html
- The UNODC Global Report on Trafficking in Persons (an output of the UN Global Plan of Action to Combat Trafficking in Persons): http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/glotip/Trafficking_in_Persons_2012_web.pdf
- The Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children, supplementing the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime: https://www.unodc.org/documents/treaties/UNTOC/Publications/TOC%20Convention/TOCebook-e.pdf
- Albania (Republic of)
- Armenia (Republic of)
- Azerbaijan (Republic of)
- Bangladesh (People's Republic of)
- Belarus (Republic of)
- Benin (Republic of)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Czech Republic
Civil society representatives (NGOs, media, academic institutions and others) interested in participating in the High-level meeting may register for participation according to the modalities decided upon in GA Resolution 67/260.
If your organization has ECOSOC consultative status, you can register in CSONet through the following link:
All other groups are requested to complete a questionnaire and provide names of up to three representatives, through the following link: