High-level Meeting on Youth
25-26 July 2011, New York
The General Assembly in its resolution A/RES/65/267 (currently available as document A/65/L.63) decided that the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on Youth shall be held on 25 and 26 July 2011 in New York and that the overarching theme of the high-level meeting shall be “Youth: Dialogue and Mutual Understanding”.
The high-level meeting will comprise two consecutive informal interactive roundtables on 25 July 2011 and two plenary meetings on 26 July 2011. The round tables will be chaired by Member States at the invitation of the President of the General Assembly and will address the following themes:
Round table 1: Strengthening international cooperation regarding youth and enhancing dialogue, mutual understanding and active youth participation as indispensable elements towards social integration, full employment and the eradication of poverty;
Round table 2: Challenges to youth development and opportunities for poverty eradication, employment and sustainable development.
Key Documents and Resources
- UN High Level Meeting on Youth
- Concept Note for Panel 1
- Concept Note for Panel 2
- Resolution submitted by the President of the General Assembly - Scope, modalities, format and organization of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on Youth (A/65/L.63)
- Letter dated 19 July to all Permanent Missions and Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations transmitting the second information note on the organizational arrangements for the High-Level Meeting on Youth.
- Letter dated 13 July to all Permanent Missions and Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations transmitting the Co-Facilitator's revision 4 of the draft declaration outcome of the HLM on Youth.
- Letter dated 20 October to all Permanent Missions and Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations regarding the appointment of a facilitator for the consultations on the organization of the World Youth Conference.
Civil Society Participation
- Letter dated 06 July to all Permanent Missions and Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations transmitting the final list of civil society organizations without ECOSOC status that may participate at the HLM on Youth.
- Please visit the Civil Society Network website for further information and to pre-register.
Office of the President of the General Assembly: Ms. Valerie Kyrle <kyrle@ un.org>, Advisor.