Bureau of the Committee
Election of officers
At its first session in 1980, the Committee agreed that the principal of geographical rotation would be applied to all the officers of the Committee — its bureau — and they would be elected for two-year terms.
Traditionally, members to the bureau are elected unanimously — through consensus nomination of candidates by their respective Regional Groups.
Composition of the Bureau
The Officers of the Committee on Information for the period 2013 - 2014 are as follows:
- Chair: Mrs. Lyutha al-Mughairy ( Oman)
- Vice-Chair: Mr. Yegor Pyvovarov (Ukraine)
- Vice-Chair: Mr. Juan Manuel Gonzalez de Linares (Spain)
- Vice-Chair: Mr. Gabriel Orellana Zabalza (Guatemala)
- Rapporteur: Mr. Chibaula Silwamba (Zambia)