General Assembly resolution A/RES/65/180 requested the President of the General Assembly to organize, as part of the preparatory process, no later than in April 2011, an informal interactive civil society hearing.
The hearing took place on 8 April 2011.
- Background paper
- Agenda and panelists
- Biographies of panelists and speakers
- Summary of the informal interactive hearing
- Webcast [ Part 1 | Part 2]
- Press conference on General Assembly Interactive Civil Society Hearing in run-up to High Level Meeting on AIDS (UN Department of Public Information, 8 April 2011)
- Energy, activism of civil society crucial to global progress against HIV/AIDS, speakers say, as General Assembly holds hearings ahead of High Level Meeting (UN Department of Public Information, 8 April 2011)
- Secretary-General says 2011 ‘moment of truth’ in global HIV/AIDS response, praises energy, activism of civil society in effort, at General Assembly hearing (UN Department of Public Information, 8 April 2011)
- Challenges, achievements and aspirations to be shared as civil society gears up for General Assembly High Level Meeting on AIDS (UNAIDS, 8 April 2011)