High-level meetings of the 68th Session of the General Assembly
Disability and development -"The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond", 23 September 2013
20 March 2017 The United Nations committee monitoring efforts to protect rights of persons with disabilities today opened its spring session today in Geneva with a call to pay special attention to gender issues.
Quality support key for people with disabilities to fully participate in their communities – UN rights expert
03 March 2017 Access to good and safe support is of great importance for people with disabilities, as it helps them become independent and gain human rights, a United Nations independent expert said today, urging Member States to take legal, policy and financial actions to ensure their adequate support.
23 February 2017 Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide, the United Nations health agency today reported, estimating that it affects more than 300 million people worldwide – the majority of them women, young people and the elderly.
- Press release
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Adopts Outcome Document Seeking to Promote Disability-inclusive Development (23 September 2013)
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly, Calls for Development Agenda Incorporating Rights, Concerns of Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly High-level Meeting on Disability, Calls for Immediate Action to Remove Physical Barriers, Bias, Stigma (23 September 2013)
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Seeks Adoption of Resolution Seeking Decent Work, Access to Basic Services for Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Press Conference on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Development Agenda (20 September 2013)