High-level meetings of the 68th Session of the General Assembly
Disability and development -"The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond", 23 September 2013
30 March 2016 Addressing youth unemployment, empowering women, supporting people with disabilities and an aging population were among the top issues discussed at the United Nations regional office in Bangkok, at the first intergovernmental meeting since the adoption of the 2030 Agenda on how to strengthen the social dimension of sustainable development in Asia and the Pacific.
24 March 2016 Like for many of the 21 other women in the project – which is expanding as more choose to break their silence – Silent Tears has been an integral part of Betty’s healing. The exhibition was recently featured during the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), an intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women.
21 March 2016 The autonomy and independence of people with Down syndrome and other disabilities should be supported, so that they can be empowered to contribute to our common future, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today said marking World Down Syndrome Day.
- Press release
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Adopts Outcome Document Seeking to Promote Disability-inclusive Development (23 September 2013)
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly, Calls for Development Agenda Incorporating Rights, Concerns of Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly High-level Meeting on Disability, Calls for Immediate Action to Remove Physical Barriers, Bias, Stigma (23 September 2013)
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Seeks Adoption of Resolution Seeking Decent Work, Access to Basic Services for Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Press Conference on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Development Agenda (20 September 2013)