High-level meetings of the 68th Session of the General Assembly
Disability and development -"The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond", 23 September 2013
Rights of refugees and migrants with disabilities must be priority in new global action plan – UN experts
12 April 2017 Accessible social and health services, with dedicated human and financial resources must be addressed and made available for persons with disabilities in the new global framework on refugees and migrants, a group of United Nations human rights experts have urged, as UN-led intergovernmental talks on the issue are set to launch consultation in 2018.
31 March 2017 More than 300 million people are now living with depression, which is the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide, according to the latest estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) released ahead of World Health Day.
20 March 2017 The United Nations committee monitoring efforts to protect rights of persons with disabilities today opened its spring session today in Geneva with a call to pay special attention to gender issues.
- Press release
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Adopts Outcome Document Seeking to Promote Disability-inclusive Development (23 September 2013)
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly, Calls for Development Agenda Incorporating Rights, Concerns of Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly High-level Meeting on Disability, Calls for Immediate Action to Remove Physical Barriers, Bias, Stigma (23 September 2013)
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Seeks Adoption of Resolution Seeking Decent Work, Access to Basic Services for Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Press Conference on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Development Agenda (20 September 2013)