High-level meetings of the 68th Session of the General Assembly
Disability and development -"The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond", 23 September 2013
14 June 2016 Marking the 10th anniversary of a United Nations treaty that protects the rights of persons with disabilities, senior UN officials today highlighted the critical role people with disabilities play as invaluable partners to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
24 May 2016 A new charter to significantly improve living conditions of persons with disabilities during emergencies has been endorsed at the United Nations World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul, Turkey.
19 May 2016 Speaking ahead of the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit taking place in Istanbul next week, a United Nations human rights expert has urged all countries to take into account the rights and needs of persons with disabilities in their humanitarian responses.’
- Press release
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Adopts Outcome Document Seeking to Promote Disability-inclusive Development (23 September 2013)
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly, Calls for Development Agenda Incorporating Rights, Concerns of Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly High-level Meeting on Disability, Calls for Immediate Action to Remove Physical Barriers, Bias, Stigma (23 September 2013)
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Seeks Adoption of Resolution Seeking Decent Work, Access to Basic Services for Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Press Conference on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Development Agenda (20 September 2013)