High-level meetings of the 68th Session of the General Assembly
Disability and development -"The way forward: a disability inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond", 23 September 2013
Decade after global treaty's adoption, persons with disabilities still at ‘grave disadvantage’ – Ban
02 December 2016 United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today highlighted the challenges people with disabilities face despite progress made since the adoption of a global treaty to promote their rights a decade ago.
27 October 2016 Persons with disabilities should have a leading say on the policies that impact them, a United Nations human rights expert told the General Assembly, while stressing the important role that member states play to ensure those disabled benefit from and contribute to development.
- Press release
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Adopts Outcome Document Seeking to Promote Disability-inclusive Development (23 September 2013)
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly, Calls for Development Agenda Incorporating Rights, Concerns of Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Secretary-General, Addressing General Assembly High-level Meeting on Disability, Calls for Immediate Action to Remove Physical Barriers, Bias, Stigma (23 September 2013)
- General Assembly High-level Meeting Seeks Adoption of Resolution Seeking Decent Work, Access to Basic Services for Persons with Disabilities (23 September 2013)
- Press Conference on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Development Agenda (20 September 2013)