I. Organizational, administrative and other matter
Report of the Secretary-General on the Peacebuilding Fund
The Peacebuilding Fund was established by the General Assembly on 20 December 2005 as a multi-year standing peacebuilding fund for post-conflict peacebuilding, funded by voluntary contributions and taking due account of existing instruments, with the objective of ensuring the immediate release of resources needed to launch peacebuilding activities and the availability of appropriate financing for recovery (resolution 60/180).
At its resumed sixtieth session, in September 2006, the General Assembly requested the Secretary-General to submit an annual report to the Assembly on the operation and activities of the Fund (resolution 60/287).
The first annual report was submitted to the General Assembly on 26 July 2007 (A/62/138).
The second annual report will be submitted at the sixty-third session, providing up-to-date information of the Fund’s operation and activities.
References for the sixtieth session (agenda items 46 and 120)
- Report of the Secretary-General on arrangements for establishing the Peacebuilding Fund (A/60/984)
- Draft resolution A/60/L.63 and Add.1
- Plenary meeting A/60/PV.99
- Resolution 60/287
References for the sixty-second session (agenda item 110)
- Report of the Secretary-General on the Peacebuilding Fund (A/62/138)
- Plenary meetings A/62/PV.23 and 24 (joint debate with item 10)