I. Organizational, administrative and other matter
At its fifty-eighth session, in 2003, the General Assembly requested the Secretary-General to prepare, on a trial basis, for submission to the Assembly at its fifty-ninth session, a strategic framework to replace the four-year medium-term plan (resolution 58/269).
At its sixty-second session, the General Assembly endorsed the conclusions and recommendations of the Committee for Programme and Coordination on programme planning as contained in chapter III.A and C of its report (A/62/16); and decided to discontinue preparation of the report under the agenda item entitled “Review of the efficiency of the administrative and financial functioning of the United Nations”, mandated in accordance with its resolution 45/254 A of 21 December 1990 (resolution 62/224).
- Report of the Committee for Programme and Coordination on its forty-eighth session: Supplement No. 16 (A/63/16)
- Proposed strategic framework for the period 2010-2011: Supplement No. 6 [A/63/6 (Part one: plan outline), (Part two: biennial programme plan), Progs. 1-16, 17 and Corr.1, 18-22, 23 and Corr.1 and 24-27]
- Report of the Secretary-General on the programme performance of the United Nations for the biennium 2006-2007 (A/63/70)
References for the sixty-second session (agenda item 129)
- Report of the Committee for Programme and Coordination on its forty-seventh session (11 June-3 July 2007): Supplement No. 16 (A/62/16)
- Reports of the Secretary-General: Consolidated report on the changes to the biennial programme plan as reflected in the proposed programme budget for the biennium 2008-2009 (A/62/80 and Corr.1 and 2 and Add.1)
- Experience gained in the planning and budgeting process (A/62/81)
- Summary records A/C.5/62/SR.12 and 21
- Report of the Fifth Committee A/62/564
- Plenary meeting A/62/PV.79
- Resolution 62/224