I. Organizational, administrative and other matter
The General Assembly considered the item at its fiftieth session and at its fifty-second, fifty-fourth, fifty-sixth, fifty-ninth and sixty-first sessions (resolutions 50/11, 52/23, 54/64, 56/262, 59/309 and 61/266).
At its sixty-first session, the General Assembly requested the Secretary-General to appoint a new Coordinator for Multilingualism; proclaimed 2008 International Year of Languages and invited UNESCO to be the lead agency for the Year; invited the Director-General of UNESCO to report to the Assembly at its sixty-third session on the impact of the activities carried out during the year; and requested the Secretary-General to submit to it at its sixty-third session a comprehensive report on the full implementation of its resolutions on multilingualism (resolution 61/266).
- Report of the Secretary-General (resolution 61/266)
- Note by the Secretary-General transmitting the report of the Director-General of UNESCO (resolution 61/266)
References for the sixty-first session (agenda item 114)
- Report of the Secretary-General A/61/317
- Draft resolution A/61/L.56 and Add.1
- Plenary meeting A/61/PV.96
- Resolution 61/266
Related links :