I. Organizational, administrative and other matters
Cooperation between the United Nations and the Latin American Economic System
The item was included in the agenda of the forty-second session of the General Assembly, in 1987, at the request of Bolivia, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay (A/42/192 and A/42/192/Add.1 and A/42/1922/Add.2).
The General Assembly considered this item at its forty-second to fiftieth, fifty-second, fifty-fourth, fifty-sixth, fifty-seventh and fifty-ninth sessions (resolutions 42/12, 43/5, 44/4, 45/5, 46/12, 47/13, 48/22, 49/6, 50/14, 52/3, 54/8, 56/98, 57/39 and 59/258).
At its resumed fifty-fifth session, in September 2001, the General Assembly decided that the cooperation item should be biennialized, starting at the fifty-seventh session (resolution 55/285).
- Report of the Secretary-General (resolution 55/285)
References for the sixty-first session (agenda item 108 (l))
- Report of the Secretary-General A/61/256/Add.1, part two, sect. XVI
- Plenary meetings A/61/PV.38, 39 and 109
Related links :
- United Nations System
- Latin american and caribbean economic system
- Economic commission for Latin America and caribbean