I. Organizational, administrative and other matters
Cooperation between the United Nations and the Inter-Parliamentary Union
The Agreement governing the relationship between the United Nations and the International Atomic Energy Agency was approved by the General Conference of the Agency on 23 October 1957 and by the General Assembly on 14 November 1957 (resolution 1145 (XII), annex). In accordance with article III of the Agreement, the Agency submits to the Assembly an annual report on its work.
At its sixty-second session, the General Assembly took note of the report of the Agency for 2006; and requested the Secretary-General to transmit to the Director General of the Agency the records of the sixty-second session of the Assembly relating to the activities of the Agency (resolution 62/2).
- Note by the Secretary-General transmitting the report of the International Atomic Energy Agency for 2007. In his statement to the General Assembly, the Director General of the Agency will give an account of any major developments since the date of issue of the report
References for the sixty-second session (agenda item 87)
- Note by the Secretary-General transmitting the report of the International Atomic Energy Agency (A/62/258)
- Note by the Secretary-General transmitting the report of the Director-General of UNESCO (A/62/97)
- Draft resolutions A/62/L.5 and Add.1
- Plenary meetings A/62/PV.36 and 37
- Resolution 62/2
Related links :