B. Promotion of sustained economic growth and sustainable development in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the General Assembly and recent United Nations conferences
Report of the Economic and Social Council
The Economic and Social Council submits an annual report to the General Assembly which the Assembly considers in accordance with Article 15, paragraph 2, of the Charter of the United Nations. The Council’s report is included in the provisional agenda of the Assembly pursuant to rule 13 (b) of the rules of procedure of the General Assembly.
At its resumed fifty-eighth session, in July 2004, the General Assembly decided that the item entitled “Report of the Economic and Social Council” should be considered in its entirety in plenary meeting (resolution 58/316).
At its fifty-ninth session, the General Assembly was informed that the General Committee had taken note of the clarification that, in implementing resolution 58/316, the relevant parts of chapter I of the report that were under agenda items that had already been allocated to the Main Committees would be considered by the Committee concerned for final action by the General Assembly (A/59/250/Add.1, para. 4).
- Report of the Economic and Social Council: Supplement No. 3 (A/63/3)
- Note by the Secretary-General transmitting the report of the Executive Director of the United Nations Population Fund on the United Nations Population Award for 2008 (Economic and Social Council decision 1982/112), A/63/255
References for the sixty-second session (agenda item 43)
- Report of the Economic and Social Council: Supplement No. 3 (A/62/3)
- Report of the Secretary-General (A/62/283)
- Note by the Secretary-General transmitting the report of the Executive Director of the United Nations Population Fund (A/62/277)
- Draft resolution A/62/L.33
- Plenary meetings A/62/PV.39 and 74
Related links :