The Unveiling of the Permanent Memorial "The Ark of Return"
25 Mar 2015 - The Permanent Memorial "The Ark of Return" honours the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
Ark of Return, Unveiling of Permanent Memorial: Save the date
Rodney Leon, Architect and designer of the Permanent Memorial in honour of Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade explains his design.
The memorial entitled the "Ark of Return" was unveiled at
United Nations Headquarters on Wednesday, 25th March 2015.
- Cultural evening to honour the election of Haitian author Dany Laferrière to the Académie Française
- UN Chief Ban Ki-moon Praises 12 Years A Slave
- Discussion following the screening of the movie Tey
- General Assembly Commemorative Meeting
- Emeline Michel (Haitian singer) following the General Assembly Commemoration
- Cultural Event
- Global Student Videoconference
- DPI/NGO Briefing
- The Film Belle screened at the United Nations
- Victory Over Slavery Exhibit Opens at UN Headquarters
- Slavery, Interview with Emma Christopher, Filmmaker of They Are We
- Representation of Slavery in Film - Roundtable discussion
- Teaching and Learning about Slavery - Panel Discussion: Part 1
- Teaching and Learning about Slavery - Panel Discussion: Part 2
- Highlights from the Film Festival
- Permanent Memorial at the United Nations - Ark of Return – Competition process
- Unveiling of the Winning Design - International Competition for a Permanent Memorial to the Honour Victims of Slavery
- The Soul of Resistance
- Slave Routes: A Global Vision
- iTunes U (requires iTunes installed on the machine)