21 March 2017 - Over two-thirds of the population in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) suffers from food insecurity, malnutrition, and a lack of access to basic health and sanitation services, according to a latest humanitarian report, which also appeals for $114 million to meet the urgent need of the most vulnerable.
Donor 'consortium' needed to bolster Haiti's long-term recovery and eradicate cholera, UN adviser says
17 January 2017 - A senior United Nations adviser called today for a new “consortium” of donors committed to improving Haiti's water supply and sanitation services to help finally eradicate cholera from the island, in support of the newly-elected President Jovenel MoÃ¯se.
22 December 2016 - A United Nations human rights expert today called on the Nigerian Government to increase funding for water and sanitation in next year’s budget to address the needs of 21 million residents of Lagos, the country’s largest city, which continues to grow while access to basic services dwindles.
18 November 2016 - To mark the 2016 edition of World Toilet Day, along with urging action to tackle the oft-neglected global sanitation crisis, the United Nations is also spotlighting the impact of sanitation Â– or lack of it Â– on livelihoods and work environments.
21 October 2016 - With the military offensive still unfolding in Mosul, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) are rushing to provide shelter, drinking water, and sanitation services for displaced families and children.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Cholera Battle ‘Slowly Being Won’, Secretary-General Says at Launch of Initiative in Haiti, Urging Broader Focus on Safe Drinking Water, Adequate Sanitation - 14 July 2014
- Water, Sanitation Critical Concerns amid Rapid Urbanization, Secretary-General Stresses in Message for Environment-related Singapore Events - 2 June 2014
- Tackling Sanitation Challenges will Require Inventive, Lasting Solutions, Deputy Secretary-General Tells Social Innovation Summit - 29 May 2014
- Investing in Water, Sanitation, Energy Essential to Improving Chances for Better Life, Says Deputy Secretary-General during General Assembly Debate - 19 February 2014
- Third Committee Approves Text on Human Right to Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation, 10 Other Draft Resolutions - 21 November 2013
- In Message for World Toilet Day, Secretary-General Urges that Sanitation Be at Heart of Post-2015 Development Framework - 8 November 2013
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing Dialogue, Urges Greater Action to Achieve Water, Sanitation Goals, Stressing that Millions Lack Proper Hygiene - 30 October 2013