22 September 2016 - A sanitation initiative in south-eastern Haiti has shown encouraging results, with a major reduction in the number of water-borne infections for local residents, according to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
20 July 2016 - The first ever progress report on the new global development agenda provides the most up-to-date statistics on poverty, hunger, education and sanitation, among others, so that the world can address urgent global challenges over the next 15 years.
18 July 2016 - High donor commitments continued to help Lebanon in mitigating the impact of the Syrian crisis by bolstering food assistance, education, water and sanitation, according to a United Nations mid-year update on donor support to the country.
13 June 2016 - Incidence of cholera has gone down by 90 per cent in Haiti from 2011 to last year, and the United Nations will continue to help the country tackle the root causes of the disease, such as lack of clean water and sanitation services, the deputy head of the UN mission there has said.
10 June 2016 - Some 30,000 residents of three localities in Haiti now have access to potable water, thanks to a sanitation campaign launched by the Government and supported by the United Nations following a cholera epidemic that killed almost 100 people in the community.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Cholera Battle ‘Slowly Being Won’, Secretary-General Says at Launch of Initiative in Haiti, Urging Broader Focus on Safe Drinking Water, Adequate Sanitation - 14 July 2014
- Water, Sanitation Critical Concerns amid Rapid Urbanization, Secretary-General Stresses in Message for Environment-related Singapore Events - 2 June 2014
- Tackling Sanitation Challenges will Require Inventive, Lasting Solutions, Deputy Secretary-General Tells Social Innovation Summit - 29 May 2014
- Investing in Water, Sanitation, Energy Essential to Improving Chances for Better Life, Says Deputy Secretary-General during General Assembly Debate - 19 February 2014
- Third Committee Approves Text on Human Right to Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation, 10 Other Draft Resolutions - 21 November 2013
- In Message for World Toilet Day, Secretary-General Urges that Sanitation Be at Heart of Post-2015 Development Framework - 8 November 2013
- Deputy Secretary-General, Addressing Dialogue, Urges Greater Action to Achieve Water, Sanitation Goals, Stressing that Millions Lack Proper Hygiene - 30 October 2013