UN Press Releases
- Capping Intensive Disarmament Committee Session, General Assembly Adopts 53 Texts on Wide Range of Pressing International Security Concerns - 5 December 2013
- Reiterating Condemnation of War Crimes by Lordís Resistance Army, Security Council Demands Group Disarm, Demobilize - 25 November 2013
- Disarmament Commission, in Organizational Meeting, Reviews Proposals to Convene Substantive Session in April 2014, Continue Consideration of Current Agenda - 20 November 2013
- Scientific Cooperation, Technology Vital to Disarmament, Secretary-General Tells Istanbul Conference - 1 November 2013
- Concern Aired Over Disregard for Recosting Procedures as Budget Committee Discusses Spending by United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research - 24 October 2013
- Debating Whether Rules of Procedure Were Political Impediments or Working Methods in Need of Review, First Committee Seeks Ways to Revive Disarmament Machinery - 23 October 2013
- Latin American and Caribbean Nuclear-Weapons-Free Zone Wins Top Disarmament Award as Argentina, New Zealand Take Silver - 23 October 2013
UN News Centre Stories
4 December 2013 - A team from the United Nations nuclear watchdog today praised Japan for its efforts to decommission the damaged Fukushima power station, while noting that several complex challenges have to be addressed to ensure the plant’s stability.
28 November 2013 - Iran has invited inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to visit a nuclear heavy water facility, the head of the United Nations nuclear watchdog announced today.
25 November 2013 - Reiterating its strong condemnation of war crimes and crimes against humanity by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) and its use of children in armed conflict, the Security Council today demanded that the group immediately cease all hostilities, release all abductees, and disarm and demobilize.
23 November 2013 - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today warmly welcomed an interim agreement reached regarding Iran's nuclear programme and urged the Governments concerned to do everything possible to continue negotiations.
14 November 2013 - The United Nations Security Council today called for the immediate and permanent disarmament and demobilisation of the M23, welcoming the earlier announcement that the rebel group was ending its bloody insurgency against the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).