UN Press Releases
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs Fellowship Programme to Enhance Young Diplomats’ Expertise Begins Final Segment at Headquarters - 7 October 2014
- Nuclear Disarmament ‘Not an Idealistic Dream’, But Urgent Necessity for Humanity’s Security, Says Secretary-General in International Day Message - 24 September 2014
- Secretary-General, Saddened by Death of Former Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze, Praises His Efforts on Disarmament - 7 July 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host International Workshop on Information, Cybersecurity, in Beijing, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host Workshop for Portuguese-Speaking States on Implementing Security Council Resolution 1540 (2004), in Togo, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Secretary-General Calls Michael Douglas ‘Global Voice for Disarmament’, in Video Message upon His Retirement from Ploughshares Fund - 3 June 2014
- United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia, Government of Myanmar Hold Workshop on Small Arms Control, 15-16 May - 15 May 2014
UN News Centre Stories
30 November 2016 - Strongly condemning the nuclear test conducted by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) on 9 September, the Security Council today unanimously adopted measures that United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon described as Â“the toughest and most comprehensive sanctions regime everÂ” against that country.
17 November 2016 - Nuclear safety and security, health and nutrition, and food and agriculture will be the main technical programmes for the United Nations atomic agency next year, its head told the agency’s governing body.
26 September 2016 - Addressing the General Assembly, Palau’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations underlined today the urgency of addressing challenges such as threats from climate change, global conflict, issues of migrants and refugees, violent extremism, antimicrobial resistance and nuclear weapons.
26 September 2016 - The world faces growing nuclear dangers and tensions, yet progress in multilateral nuclear disarmament has come to a Â“standstill,Â” United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon declared today, reiterating a call for complete global nuclear disarmament as the international community marks the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.
23 September 2016 - Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov today warned that some Western countries’ supremacy and exclusiveness undermined equitable international cooperation, calling on world leaders gathered at the United Nations General Assembly to support Russian initiatives in counter-terrorism and disarmament.