UN Press Releases
- Kazakhstan to Host Workshop on How Security Council’s Resolution on Weapons of Mass Destruction Fuels Global Drive for Disarmament, Non-proliferation - 10 March 2014
- Secretary-General Tells Advisory Board on Disarmament It Has Two Pressing Issues To Consider — Verification, Security Implications of New Technologies - 7 March 2014
- United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Africa to Support Mali Workshop on Small Arms, Light Weapons, 12-14 February - 10 February 2014
- Secretary-General, Urging Conference on Disarmament to Fulfil International Expectations, Says World Cannot Wait for New Catastrophes - 21 January 2014
- Capping Intensive Disarmament Committee Session, General Assembly Adopts 53 Texts on Wide Range of Pressing International Security Concerns - 5 December 2013
- Reiterating Condemnation of War Crimes by Lord’s Resistance Army, Security Council Demands Group Disarm, Demobilize - 25 November 2013
- Disarmament Commission, in Organizational Meeting, Reviews Proposals to Convene Substantive Session in April 2014, Continue Consideration of Current Agenda - 20 November 2013
UN News Centre Stories
11 March 2014 - The head of the United Nations peacekeeping mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) today warned rebel fighters in the country to ‘surrender without delay’ and join the disarmament process or face consequences.
5 March 2014 - The Security Council today extended for another 13 months the mandate of the panel of experts dealing with United Nations sanctions imposed on the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) for testing nuclear arms.
3 March 2014 - The United Nations atomic energy chief today highlighted some of the most pressing issues on the agenda of his agency, ranging from nuclear safety to verification of the activities of Iran and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK).
3 March 2014 - The world’s only multilateral forum for disarmament negotiations today decided to renew an informal working group aimed at reinvigorating discussions which have stalled since the 1990s, a step that the President of the United Nations General Assembly termed Â“crucial,Â” as he urged members to follow up with real progress.
24 January 2014 - The recently concluded action plan aimed at allaying international concerns about Iran’s nuclear programme is an important development, the head of the United Nations atomic watchdog said today, while adding that there is still a long way to go in this effort.