UN Press Releases
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs Fellowship Programme to Enhance Young Diplomats’ Expertise Begins Final Segment at Headquarters - 7 October 2014
- Nuclear Disarmament ‘Not an Idealistic Dream’, But Urgent Necessity for Humanity’s Security, Says Secretary-General in International Day Message - 24 September 2014
- Secretary-General, Saddened by Death of Former Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze, Praises His Efforts on Disarmament - 7 July 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host International Workshop on Information, Cybersecurity, in Beijing, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host Workshop for Portuguese-Speaking States on Implementing Security Council Resolution 1540 (2004), in Togo, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Secretary-General Calls Michael Douglas ‘Global Voice for Disarmament’, in Video Message upon His Retirement from Ploughshares Fund - 3 June 2014
- United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia, Government of Myanmar Hold Workshop on Small Arms Control, 15-16 May - 15 May 2014
UN News Centre Stories
20 July 2016 - United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today said that the nuclear deal agreed to last year by Iran and six world powers is the best way of ensuring the exclusively peaceful nature of Iran’s nuclear programme, calling for the comprehensive implementation of the accord, as well as a subsequent Security Council resolution that endorsed it.
18 July 2016 - The top United Nations political official today called for implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) under which Iran reaffirmed that it would not seek, develop or acquire nuclear weapons.
22 June 2016 - Concluding her seventh visit in the country, Marie-Thérèse Keita Bocoum, the Independent Expert on the situation of human rights in the Central African Republic (CAR), expressed concern about the threats from armed groups and large-scale banditry to the protection of civilians, natural resources and to the crisis recovery process.
As UN takes stock of landmark resolution on weapons proliferation, Ban urges greater prevention efforts
21 June 2016 - While Governments around the world have been working decidedly and collectively to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, including chemical and nuclear weapons, the international community must intensify efforts in that regard in order to keep up with and effectively address global challenges, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said today.
6 June 2016 - Support for countries that are fighting the Zika virus and the verification and monitoring of activities of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Iran were among the key issues highlighted by Director General Yukiya Amano to the agency’s Board of Governors in Vienna today.