UN Press Releases
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs Fellowship Programme to Enhance Young Diplomats’ Expertise Begins Final Segment at Headquarters - 7 October 2014
- Nuclear Disarmament ‘Not an Idealistic Dream’, But Urgent Necessity for Humanity’s Security, Says Secretary-General in International Day Message - 24 September 2014
- Secretary-General, Saddened by Death of Former Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze, Praises His Efforts on Disarmament - 7 July 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host International Workshop on Information, Cybersecurity, in Beijing, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host Workshop for Portuguese-Speaking States on Implementing Security Council Resolution 1540 (2004), in Togo, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Secretary-General Calls Michael Douglas ‘Global Voice for Disarmament’, in Video Message upon His Retirement from Ploughshares Fund - 3 June 2014
- United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia, Government of Myanmar Hold Workshop on Small Arms Control, 15-16 May - 15 May 2014
UN News Centre Stories
20 July 2015 - The United Nations Security Council today unanimously adopted a resolution establishing a monitoring system for Iran’s nuclear programme and considering the Â“eventual removalÂ” of all nuclear-related sanctions against the country.
15 July 2015 - The latest agreement between the Government of Iran and negotiations from six nations on limiting the scope of the Gulf country’s nuclear programme has opened the door to further discussion of the Iranian human rights situation, according to an independent United Nations expert.
14 July 2015 - The United Nations has welcomed the agreement reached between international negotiators and the Government of Iran as the two parties pave the way for a viable solution on the Gulf country's nuclear programme and towards possible peace in the region.
15 June 2015 - Projecting that the use of nuclear power will continue to grow in the coming decades, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today urged countries with nuclear energy programmes to share their spent fuel and radioactive waste management know-how with less-experienced countries.
8 June 2015 - A new report on the 2011 nuclear accident in eastern Japan’s Fukushima area and two agreements related to the establishment of an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reserve of low enriched uranium were among the key points highlighted by Director General Yukiya Amano to the Agency’s Board of Governors today.