UN Press Releases
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs Fellowship Programme to Enhance Young Diplomats’ Expertise Begins Final Segment at Headquarters - 7 October 2014
- Nuclear Disarmament ‘Not an Idealistic Dream’, But Urgent Necessity for Humanity’s Security, Says Secretary-General in International Day Message - 24 September 2014
- Secretary-General, Saddened by Death of Former Georgian President Eduard Shevardnadze, Praises His Efforts on Disarmament - 7 July 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host International Workshop on Information, Cybersecurity, in Beijing, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Office for Disarmament Affairs to Host Workshop for Portuguese-Speaking States on Implementing Security Council Resolution 1540 (2004), in Togo, 5-6 June - 4 June 2014
- Secretary-General Calls Michael Douglas ‘Global Voice for Disarmament’, in Video Message upon His Retirement from Ploughshares Fund - 3 June 2014
- United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Asia, Government of Myanmar Hold Workshop on Small Arms Control, 15-16 May - 15 May 2014
UN News Centre Stories
UN urges all States to sign, ratify Nuclear Test Ban as 'critical step on road to nuclear-free world'
28 August 2015 - For the fifth International Day against Nuclear Tests, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed voluntary moratoria on testing imposed by nuclear-armed states but stressed that these cannot substitute for a legally-binding treaty.
25 August 2015 - The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today presented to its member States for approval a report outlining a 9.2 million euros-a-year (roughly $10.5 million) programme to carry out the verification and monitoring of Iran’s nuclear-related commitments as set out in the landmark international agreement reached last month with the Government of Iran.
24 August 2015 - United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today welcomed the news of the agreement reached between the Republic of Korea and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea today.
17 August 2015 - The United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has received from Iran information on its nuclear activities in accordance with an agreement signed between the two parties in order for the watchdog agency to assess possible military dimensions of the programme by year’s end.
9 August 2015 - In a message commemorating the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today paid tribute to all those in the Japanese city and around the globe who are striving to rid the world of nuclear weapons.