10 June 2014, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France
- Press conference on ocean partnerships
Main stakeholders: UNESCO, Government of France, Tara Expedition, Océanopolis, Nausicaa. 9:00-10:00, room III.
Presentation of shared committments by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC-UNESCO) and civil society and of joint projects in 2014-2015.
This press conference will provide an opportunity to launch the “Océan & Climat” Civil Society Platform for the 2015 United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP 21) ; brief the press on the milestone events of the COP 21 preparation process; and present joint projects.
- Information Session for Permanent Delegations on the 2001 Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage
10:00-13:00, Room II.
EVENTS FOR YOUTH
- Exhibit by Deyrolle Pour l’Avenir on the ocean
All day, Espace Miro 3
Showcase of their newest collection of teaching materials on the ocean, protected marine species, and the Mediterranean region.
- Hands-on science education workshop & tour of the Deyrolle exhibit
10:00-11:30, middle-school students, Espace Miro 3
Young students will carry out scientific experiments on water Ph and Salinity, and discuss current ocean-related issues with experts, such as ocean acidification or plastic pollution. The students will also tour the exhibit on the ocean with Deyrolle president Louis Albert de Broglie.
- Inaugural edition of the Campus OPEN UNESCO Jeunes
15:00-17:00, high school students, Room II
- UNESCO & the ocean: Illustration of UNESCO’s contribution to the Aichi Targets for Ocean Conservation under the Convention on Biological Diversity
17:30 – 19:00 UNESCO Cafeteria (to be confirmed)