ISLANDS 2014 PHOTO CALL
As part of the celebrations for the International Year of Small Island Developing States we are looking for images that showcase the beauty and richness of this group of countries. You can enter your photo under three categories: culture, environment and development.
The best pictures will become part of the UN library and used for media materials seen all over the world. They will also be exhibited at the Third Conference on Small Island Developing States in Apia, Samoa.
- Please send your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org with the category as the subject line.
- You will need to provide a caption of up to 80 words on where it was taken, what is happening in the shot, what inspired you to take it, any technical details if pertinent.
- You must also supply your full name with the caption.
- All files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- The closing date for entries is June 5 2014.
Terms and Conditions The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the participant in the photo call. By entering the photo call you acknowledge and warrant that the submitted photograph is an original work and that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. The photograph must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. By entering the Photo Call you give the United Nations the right to use your photograph in promotional printed and online materials. Credit will be given whenever possible.